[squeak-dev] Last update broke browsers...

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Dec 28 04:41:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 01:22:05AM -0200, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I started with a fresh image (Squeak3.10.2-Trunk-091128.zip) and
> updated. Then I reinstalled some packages (FFI, OSProcess, OSProcessIO,
> CommandShell, Balloon3D) and the problem disapeared.
>
> Last image had installed VMMaker, Speech and other packages. I'll try to
> reinstall everything in order to see where the problem arises).

There is definitely a problem somewhere. I have a broken image with the
same symptoms that you are reporting. In my case, it happened when I was
trying to save an update to the squeak trunk, so I was expecting that it
was something related to those changes (the large changes file updates).
But maybe that was just a coincidence.

In any case, I can confirm that this same problem has happened one time
to me. Unfortunately that I cannot reproduce it in other images, and it
is hard to figure out what is wrong with the broken image because all the
debugger windows have the same "red X" failure.

Dave