[squeak-dev] Re: Mouseover on a touch screen -- *SOLVED*

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Thu Dec 31 03:40:36 UTC 2009

I wrote:

> I've still not recovered from the shock of realizing that on a touch
> screen, there is no such thing as mouseover!: you cannot get the mouse
> cursor to move without putting it down. What to do.

OK, I have a solution, which works fine for me, though it isn't necessarily
generic. The mouseovers I need to preserve on a touch screen are all in my
own code. So, all I have to do is add handlesMouseOverDragging:,
mouseEnterDragging:, and mouseLeaveDragging: to the appropriate classes and
have it just send the non-dragging messages to self. This is so simple it's
a bit embarrassing. I've tried it, and it works!

---
 Jim Rosenberg                      http://www.well.com/user/jer/
     Internet: jr at amanue.com