[squeak-dev] Apology for offensive spam on annoncements list

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Sun Feb 1 15:49:54 UTC 2009

Hi Stef and Squeakers,

Stef said:
> It was clear that was not a Squeaker that wrote this shit.

Do you know or made any investigation about
 ideas related with been a Squeaker that serve
 to moredate/orientate/control the personality of
 a Squeaker?
 (e.g. my swiki have been violated many times by
 people that I know has knowledge about Squeak,
 no deep knowledge I must say, but approx. one
 year of "been a Squeaker" or so)

In the past I made studies trying to find
 a relation or pattern  in common between smalltalkers
 and I found more evidence of bad attitudes than
 good attitudes in practice (under human pov).
It was frustrating for me at that time, but it did not
 stop me.
I invested more efforts trying to understand a relation
 between the smalltalk architecture/design/formula
 and how it affects persons and how they evaluate
 the results of their actions (in reality, not in the systems
 they build with smalltalk).

I think that Stef have not had the intention to promote
 a dialog about this topic, but it is something I am
 interested in, as a way to understand the changes
 in Smalltalk related communities in the last decade
 and the points of interest promoted by referents today.

cheers,
Ale.