[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak Foundation Election 2009 coming up!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Feb 6 12:51:47 UTC 2009

Dear Squeakers,

Yet another year has passed (oh, faster than ever it seems) and it is
time to flex your democratic rights here in Squeak country!

Every year we elect the Squeak leadership team (aka as the "board", see
http://www.squeak.org/Foundation) consisting of seven members from our
community.

The schedule and process is as follows, more or less copied from last year:

Now through 22nd February (circa 16 days): Nominations of board members

Candidates should nominate themselves on the squeak-dev mailing list. Or
if you nominate someone else, make sure that person really wants to run. :)

22nd February to 29th February: Campaigning period

During this period the candidates should ideally present themselves on
squeak-dev and the community can ask questions. Last year we organised a
structured Q&A activity and I will not be doing it this year, but of
course if someone else steps up to do it - just mail me!

1st march 6PM (18.00) UTC: Online election starts using the CIVS system

The voting period is one week long and ballots are sent out via email.
And how do you end up on the voter list? See below. :)

8th march 6PM (18.00) UTC: Online election ends

Results will be announced as soon as possible on the 8th or 9th.

VOTER LIST:

If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the list, no
worries! If you are a new Squeaker, read on. (If you don't recall if you
are on the list - we will try to get it up without attracting spammers :))

Earlier we used a website with a trust system to figure out who could
vote. This year that website is not available anymore
(people.squeakfoundation.org) so we will do it more "manually" this year.

In order to get onto the voter list do ONE of the following:

- Get a "known" Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends an
email to me (privately) giving me name and email for you - then I will
add you.

- Email me privately (you may CC to squeak-dev, fine with me) with
information/arguments showing me that you are indeed serious about
voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker. And no, I don't have any
hints on what you should write! :) Unless you totally screw that up, you
will probably be added.

When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with
instructions and a link to the voting website.

If there are any further questions, just reply *in this thread* and I
will closely track it. More information and details will follow and
everything about the election can be tracked here:

	http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6116

regards, Göran Krampe on behalf of the Election Team