[squeak-dev] Winds of change

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:13:43 UTC 2009

The main reason, which prevents squeak to use as embedded solution is
a structure of VM.
- there are many points when it assuming that it runs standalone
- the main interpret() function is an endless loop and not reentrant,
which makes it hard to interoperate with host process , like Lua does.
recent updates added a callbacks, so they can be used as a kind of
workaround to solve that issue.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.