[squeak-dev] Please Consider Me for the 2009 Leadership Team

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 6 20:30:50 UTC 2009

I would like you to consider voting for me in the March 1st, 2009
Leadership Team election.

First if you believe that the Leadership Team should be responsible for
driving this community, then I'm NOT your man.  I believe that the
Leadership Team should restrict itself and focus on those issues that
can have only one solution.  The community, you and I, have the
responsibility for driving.  The Leadership Team's responsibility is to
help ensure there are no obstacles in our way and to arbitrate when
necessary.

About myself:

I've been around in one capacity or another for about 7 years.  Starting
in 2003 I assisted in the server side aspects of the Bug Fix Archive
Viewer version 2 with Brent Vukmer.

In 2004 I tried to start a regular schedule of harvesting parties; it
was fun for a while but never really caught on.

My experiences with BFAV2 led to my advocating, along with others, for a
transition to the use of Mantis.  I started a team in March of 2005 to
move open issues from BFAV2 to Mantis and we completed that work in
August of the same year.  We continued through February of 2006 to catch
new reports sent to the squeak-dev mailing list and create reports on
Mantis from them and later dissolved the team in that same month. On an
informal basis many of us continued to move reports from the mailing
list to Mantis past this date.

I joined the Box-Admins team in early 2005 (With the founding?  I can't
remember.) and later became the team leader which I continue to be to
this day.

In September of 2005 the Coordinators (later the Board, now the
Leadership Team) selected me to expand the size of the group and I
served in that capacity until the first election was held in February
2006.  I was not very happy with my time in the Coordinators for
personal reasons and other reasons frankly that I don't really remember.
I chose not to run in the election.

Since that time I believe that the processes within the Leadership team
have improved somewhat as well as my personal situation and I would like
to give it another try.

My primary goal would be to further improve the Leadership Team
processes with a focus on transparency.  I would like to serve as a
combination Secretary and Treasurer.  As secretary I would record all
relevent information and regularly report back to the community.  As
treasurer I would not directly hold or control fund but would track our
financial status and keep the community updated on that.

This is getting a little long so I'll stop here.  I may have more to say
in a separate message after I have given it a little thought.

Ken