[squeak-dev] Using Multiple Microphones

Martin Bleichner bleichner.martin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 16:27:06 UTC 2009

Hi Derek,

they have to be separate. The idea is to control a cursor by sound.
Every direction (left, right, up, down) is supposed to be controlled by a
different sound source.
Currently I am using one microphone and the SpectralAnalyzerMorph. The fft
allows me to split up different frequencies. Consequently, by whisteling at
specific frequencies one can control the cursor in different directions.

What I have in mind however are different sound sources having the same
frequency content. The control of the cursor hence relies on amplitude.

One possibility would be to record four microphones, externally modulate the
frequencies, combine the signals an pull them apart by the fft again.

I was hoping for something more out of the box :). But there apparently is
no simple way to solve that problem

Best
Martin