[squeak-dev] Re: Winds of change

Aidan Gauland wgsilkie at ihug.co.nz
Sat Feb 7 23:22:59 UTC 2009

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <glpunzi <at> lordzealon.com> writes:
> We have elections soon.
>
> I'ts time to think about the project. What we search? What new
> developers search?

For me, the biggest problem with Sqeuak at the moment is its lack of class and
method comments (but not every method needs an overview comment).  I would like
to say to all developers of the uncommented system classes: "Will you please go
back and comment, all the methods and classes you wrote, but failed to
document!"  And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Hold back on
new features for just a minute, and give what we already have a quick polish.
I've wasted many hours trying to puzzle out how to use complex yet undocumented
methods (some weren't even documented on the Squeak Swiki).  The basic
collection classes, and the core system classes are well commented.

 -Aidan

P.S No hard feelings, just some frustration.  Sqeuak is a great development
system, and seems to keep getting better.