[squeak-dev] Re: How to rewrite a license restricted method?

Zulq Alam me at zulq.net
Sun Feb 8 19:50:24 UTC 2009

Hi Ken,

Ken Causey wrote:

> Should I delete the current implementation entirely and rewrite it from
> scratch?  If so, how much am I allowed to know about the prior
> implementations?

I would naively suggest that you or someone with knowledge of the method
writes a set of unit tests and a comment, then someone who hasn't seen
the method could implement it. Of course finding and ensuring someone
hasn't seen the method may be impossible. And, many times the
implementation may end up the same anyway.

- Zulq