[squeak-dev] How to rewrite a license restricted method?

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 01:22:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:

> This is going to be a rather long email but I ask you to at least skim
> if you have even a little interest in the relicensing/Squeak 4.0 effort.

<snip - some guy called djm made a trivial change but has not signed the MIT
agreement>

So the question is what do I do with this method, which is currently
> distributed as version 5, so that it does not infringe on djm's rights
> to maintain version 2 as SqueakL?  Admittedly it's unlikely that djm
> actually wants this right, but lacking a clear statement to the
> contrary, it's the default we have to assume.

If somebody can sue you because you relicensed somebody's SqueakL one-liner
to an MIT one-liner without his permission, then I opine that your country's
legal system is broken.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg