[squeak-dev] Re: EventSensor questions

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Feb 12 09:28:39 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> The inputSemaphore is not signaled by VM (win32), but instead used to
> check how image polls its events.

Oh. You are right. How pathetic is that! I should fix that ASAP.

> Btw, there is a refactoring of this stuff in Pharo, not sure if it
> already incorporated in image. It was wtitten with idea kept in mind,
> that there can be multiple event listeners at once, not just hand
> morph.

I'm not sure if having multiple listeners is useful at this level - all
EventSensor does is pulling the events from the VM, packaging them up
and passing them into the event queue for any downstream consumers. If
there were multiple listeners in a morphic environment, they should
probably be registering with the hand (which has such a listener
mechanism already), not with Sensor. What's the use case for this
refactoring?

Cheers,
   - Andreas