[squeak-dev] ditching Monticello objects.

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 14:15:21 UTC 2009

Adrian Lienhard wrote:
> I've recently made a similar script for Pharo. See
> ScriptLoader>>cleanUpForRelease. This had brought the default image
> size below 10MB.
>
> Adrian

I give up, I really do, is this candid camera?

We have endless discussions on squeak-dev about how difficult it is to
clean up an image, we discuss,  suggest and implement conventions, to
solve the problem, that of implementing #freeSomeSpace on classes that
can non-destructively clean things up and #cleanUp on classes that can
destructively tidy themselves up before a release.

We had those discussions over 2 years ago.

What is the point?

Keith