[squeak-dev] ditching Monticello objects.

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Thu Feb 12 20:35:37 UTC 2009

I just realized that this *is* the script from Pharo. I think you need
to carefully check what is applicable for Squeak since I was quite
aggressive with respect to deleting objects -- especially bitmaps that
we don't need in Pharo anymore but that you may still need in Squeak
(e.g., for EToys).

> Great List John! I didn't realise that there were so many more. 96
> Classes now respond to #cleanUp in my image.
>
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7244
>
> I added the following to the change set there.
>
> Keith
>
>>>    3 timesRepeat: [ Smalltalk garbageCollect. Symbol
>>> compactSymbolTable ].
>>>    Set rehashAllSets.
> does this save memory?

yes it does ;)