[squeak-dev] Re: SqueakMap Status?

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Fri Feb 13 12:45:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 12:44 +0100, Göran Krampe wrote:
> Norbert Hartl wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 10:02 +0100, Göran Krampe wrote:
> >> Hi again!
> >>
> >> Ok, now I made a fix to "SqueakMap2 Base" (SMBase) - available on SM,
> >> version 1.24. Use that and in your release procedure you can do:
> >>
> >> 	SMSqueakMap default purge
> >>
> >> ...and it still will work when freshly installed.
> >>
> >> That should get you to around 13.79 Mb (well, with 3.10.2-7179 at least).
> >>
> > Was it something different than
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=193
> >
> > http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7201
> > slightly
> > ?
>
> Bloody hell :).
>
> I didn't check on Mantis because I thought Keith had already checked (me
> emailed me). BUT... I think my fix is better - I made sure that when you
> try to open the UI for SM it will note that the map is indeed purged AND
> that you don't have a map on disk - and it will tell you that and offer
> to load a map from the net.
>
> Ah... but if you *decline* doing that my fix is probably not complete.
> Right, then you will end up in the debugger anyway of course. Ok, I will
> integrate this fix too and even though running a UI on top of a purged
> map might be "error prone" - it is probably better than refusing to open
> the UI. :)
>
> Thanks Norbert for the heads up.

Somehow I got amiable through Keiths Mail to the pharo list. He was
blaming the pharo crew for not caring about squeak and things/fixes
others do. That was exactly the reason back then for me to fix it in
pharo and then open a bug on mantis as well. So it turns out that the
integrational aspect doesn't work in either direction.

And now I'm really concerned, too. Would be good to have at least a
minimal exchange base between all squeak forks.

Norbert