[squeak-dev] On the upcoming Leadership Election

Mark Volkmann mark at ociweb.com
Sat Feb 14 22:10:18 UTC 2009

On Feb 13, 2009, at 9:18 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hello squeakers,
>
> A year has been passed and we are now going to elect a new Leadership
> team (many of us is still calling it Board ;).
>
> In the light of this event, i want to propose create a list of
> requests, issues and proposals which will be addressed to a newly
> elected team.
> Let us help them with understanding what is the most important issues
> we have, and to start not from own to-do list, but also consider YOUR
> thoughts.

1) Make it as easy to run a Squeak application from a command prompt
or terminal window as GNU Smalltalk.
2) Add support for native threads and utilizing multiple cores/
processors.
3) Either put significant effort into a replacement for Morphic or
document Morphic much better. I've pretty much given up figuring out
even basic things like discovering all the out-of-the-box widgets and
learning the best ways to lay them out in containers.
4) Make Squeak a happier place with much less fighting between
subgroups.

---
Mark Volkmann
http://www.ociweb.com/mark