[squeak-dev] Re: On the upcoming Leadership Election

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Feb 18 21:35:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 21:02 -0800, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Igor Stasenko wrote:
> > So far i've collected 5 messages..
> > Hey, wake up! We need more! :)
>
> You're right. After some careful consideration I've decided to throw my
> hat in the ring as well. Count me in.

Excellent, thank you Andreas.

> Similarly, Keith and Ken are building some fantastic tools for getting
> stuff out of Mantis.

Just a clarification on this.  Keith is primarily building the tools.
I'm primarily being an annoyance but as I am the Mantis 'maintainer'
Keith has had to get my cooperation to the extent that he needs changes
to our Mantis installation.  As a result I sometimes know more about
what is going on than many, doesn't necessarily mean I'm responsible for
much of the result.

Matthew Fulmer is more formally involved in this but has most recently
been asked to turn his attention to the relicensing and 4.0 work so has
been less active with 3.11.  He deserves a lot of credit for earlier
work and I'm confident you will be hearing more from him soon.

On the subject of opening up and simplifying the process of submitting
modifications for Squeak:  I'm all for a certain level of anarchy here.
I hope to help out with this wherever I can, thanks for thinking about
it and I hope to see some results sooner than later.

Ken