[squeak-dev] Re: Google Summer of Code 2009

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Feb 20 19:46:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 23:32 -0800, Andreas Raab wrote:
> I found the project list again:
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html
>
> * Squeak IRC bot framework
>    by Francois Stephany, mentored by Kenneth Lee Causey

Francois made a lot of progress with this project but more time ended up
being spent in infrastucture than anticipated.  As a result I think
IRCBot

http://www.squeaksoure.com/IRCBot.html (feel free to ask for dev rights)

is well positioned for growth.  It works, it is certainly able to
connect to multiple channels and I believe multiple servers and has a
modular utility framework.  A couple of modules were started and can
serve well as examples but are a little rough and need completion and
polishing.  Also there was no time for the grandiose list of services we
envisioned.

Improving it is on my own todo list, but so far down that hope is not
strong.

Ken