[squeak-dev] Board projects (was Re: [Election] Nomination period ends in 3 days!)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Feb 21 23:30:40 UTC 2009

What it does is that it gives people a process to work with. You will
get a yes/no answer within a bounded time frame. The commitments that
come with an approval are clear. You know what the expectations are. Etc.

Remember my main goal here is to re-enable the ability for people to
contribute both small and large. If you think the current situation is
fine as it is, this proposal may not be for you. It is for people who
don't think the current situation is desirable.

There are almost certainly other ways by which to achieve the goal. I
have simply formulated one that I think could work. If you have
alternative ideas, I'm all for hearing them. My main goals for the
process were to:
* have a decision point, a yes/no answer,
* have a schedule that can be tracked externally,
* have clarity about who has commit rights to what,
* have a way of getting out of it when things turn bad.

As long as these points are addressed I'm pretty much good with whatever.

Cheers,
   - Andreas