[squeak-dev] re: Google Summer of Code 2009

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sun Feb 22 03:21:10 UTC 2009

Hi Klaus--

      Aik-Siong wrote:

 > Giovanni Corriga, the GSOC 2007 and 2008 administrator, has asked me
 > to be the administrator for GSOC 2009.

      You responded:

 > I assume you mean by that and by what you write below: you two decided
 > you take over.
 >
 > Why would the two of you do so in private, behind the back of the
 > community? Also, we have a Leadership/board whose main purpose is to
 > get involved in such cases. [OT*0.5] where is Leadership when it is
 > needed?

      Giovanni asked for volunteers in public, asking them to respond
privately[1]. Aik-Siong responded to Giovanni privately. Giovanni,
during the 2009-02-19 leadership team meeting, suggested that Aik-Siong
be the next GSOC administrator. We approved. I missed that point in the
notes for that meeting. Please accept my apologies.

-C

[1] http://tinyurl.com/c3otcc (lists.squeakfoundation.org)

--
Craig Latta