[squeak-dev] Re: n-core Smalltalk at work [Re: Hydra now can do mitosis]

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 18:55:58 UTC 2009

Klaus D. Witzel escreveu:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:53:24 +0100, Rob Rothwell wrote:
>
>> Perhaps naively, I simply downloaded the binaries and used them to
>> open a
>> 3.10 dev image, which seemed to work fine, FreeType and all...
>
> :)
>
>> So...from the helpful doits, it seems that you prepare a second image
>> that carries out the native processes for you?
>
> Yes, "classic" Hydra loads the second .image from file and mitosis
> Hydra populates (the second) an empty .image from am arrayOfObjects
> passed in.
Did the same. I loaded Hydra upon a "dev" image to which I included
VMMaker (otherwise the VMMaker supplied with Hydra fails to load). Then
I created a 'hydra.image' via:
    HydraVM saveAsHeadlessImage: 'hydra.image'.
Next I tried (via workspace):

HydraVM loadAndRunNewImage: 'hydra.image'.

and it caused the following error: 'HydraVM
class(Object)>>primitiveFailed ...