[squeak-dev] Balloon3D

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jan 5 11:10:32 UTC 2009

El 1/4/09 4:59 PM, "Ross Boylan" <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu> escribió:

> On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 13:36 +0000, Ramiro Diaz Trepat wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I was thinking of including some 3D charts on a little quantitative
>> finance framework I am working on in my spare time.  I don't want to
>> achieve any avant garde 3D things, something that resembles what
>> spreadsheets do would be fine.
>> I found the Balloon3D framework, that seems to be really fabulous.
> When I asked about 3D, Karl Ramberg said he wasn't sure Balloon3D worked
> in images > 3.8.  So before you go too far, you might want to check if
> it works.  If it doesn't, you could either try an older image or try to
> get it working with the current one.
>
> I've been trying to use Croquet for 3D, but haven't had much luck so
> far.  The problems may be specific  to my system, and almost certainly
> are specific to Unix.
>
> Ross Boylan

Wonderland is on FunSqueak , what is 3.10 with all old friends and several
new into :=)

I agree Croquet  or Cobalt is superior, but for start playing with 3D as
Ramiro said, maybe exploring Wonderland worths the troubles.

And if Ramiro found valuable and tell us about, I sure of load Wonderland or
Balloon 3D in SqueakLightII, but I have lots of things in course, so I wait
feedback.

Edgar