[squeak-dev] browser hierarchy without list indices?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 01:25:52 UTC 2009

Hi All,
    I'm wedded to a variant of the class browser which uses a button in the
title bar that enables multiple pages within the one browser.  This is great
but falls foul of the use of indices into the lists of categories, classes,
protocols and selectors in the browser.  For example if one reorganizes the
system categories in one browser view when one switches to another the index
is wrong.  The right thing to do is for the browser to hold the actual
symbol for the category, class, protocol or message not the index.  There is
a PluggableListMorphByItem class to make this easy.  I've moved the browser
across to this scheme this afternoon but have realized I need to do
MessageList, not just HierarchyBrowser.  I wonder has anyone made this
transition already?

Eliot