[squeak-dev] SqueakLight

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jan 9 10:31:36 UTC 2009

El 1/9/09 12:06 AM, "Jerome Peace" <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com> escribió:

> Hi Edgar,
>
> I downloaded SqueakLght.
> When I opened it I found it was full of surprises.
>
> Seeing the Bat made me laugh. Thanks for keeping it fun.
>
> Cheers -Jer

As this response go to so dev, was different to one for newbies.

I think is time to bury the ax of war.

I apologize my bad ways to colleagues in Board.

Having Italy, Germany, Japan, Ukraine, USA and Argentina in same table is
not easy :)

We Argentineans fight against all world from time to time.

>From Wikipedia

The British Empire launched two invasions of Buenos Aires in 1806-07; but
the criollo population repelled both attempts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vuelta_de_Obligado

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerra_de_las_Malvinas

I say  Squeak is live and could survive and if any think Pharo is the light
they need for not crush again rocks ....

One more time I share my vision.

I like a modular image which could load any Squeak compatible code.

SqueakLight could be imperfect and need polish but is here and could load
any old or new code.

Same base image could reload Etoys and Nebraska and in some cases as I put
in the page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6056, the magic is amazing.

So we could wait forever hell froze or help SL evolves to Squeak 4.0.

I nominate Andreas Raab as super master and Release Team Leader.
I swore loyalty and be nice and if he think life is not possible without
Installer, well I was a team player as Ralph could say.

Any is against ?

Edgar