[squeak-dev] Open PhD/postdoc positions at Software Composition Group, Switzerland

Oscar Nierstrasz oscar at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Jan 9 13:33:41 UTC 2009

NB: I am sending this announcement to squeak-dev as we also do a lot
of work with dynamic languages, specifically Smalltalk.

--

Applications are invited for a PhD candidate or a postdoctoral
researcher at the Software Composition Group, University of Bern,

The Software Composition Group carries out research in programming
language design and software reengineering with the goal of
facilitating the development of flexible, open software systems. The
SCG is led by Prof. Oscar Nierstrasz and is part of the Institute of
Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (IAM) at the University of
Berne.

The candidate will work on topics related to the ongoing projects:
- Bringing Models Closer to Code
- Enabling the evolution of J2EE applications through reverse
engineering and quality assurance

Details about these projects can be found online:

http://scg.unibe.ch/research.html

The candidate must have a MSc, respectively a PhD, in Computer Science
(equivalent to Swiss MSc), should demonstrate good programming skills,
and have research interests in several of the following areas:
- software evolution
- software models
- model-driven-engineering
- reverse engineering
- domain specific languages
- dynamic analysis
- integrated development environments
- programming languages design
- virtual machine technology

To apply, please send an email including  your CV to Prof. Oscar
Nierstrasz (oscar.nierstrasz at iam.unibe.ch).

---
Prof. Dr. O. Nierstrasz    -- Oscar.Nierstrasz at iam.unibe.ch
Software Composition Group -- http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg
University of Bern         -- Tel/Fax +41 31 631.4618/3355
vcard:  http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~oscar/oscarNierstrasz.vcf