[squeak-dev] Re: Mac OS X VM (Squeak 3.8.20beta1U) issue

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 17:36:06 UTC 2009

Hi -

Not sure if that'll help but one thing we noticed is that the Unix VM
(and possibly the Mac VM too) behaves pathetically when trying to use
sync mounted NFS drives. We absolutely had to mount them async and I
could certainly imagine that an image save exposes similar behavior.

I would definitely try to mount NFS async just to see if it makes a
difference.

Cheers,
   - Andreas