[squeak-dev] Re: MC broken / how to update in 3.11 alpha?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Jan 19 01:44:10 UTC 2009

>> I mean, seriously, this is a ton of stuff! And it's quite a bit
>> different from 3.10 and it *does* include changes to the base image.
>> Given the amount of changes, that image really should not be called
>> 3.10 any longer; you are only creating confusion by insisting this be
>> called 3.10.

Craig>      I agree. I would call this 3.11 alpha. I don't understand Keith's
Craig> hesitancy. If this causes us to use more minor version numbers in the 3
Craig> series, so be it; there's no shortage. :)

Keep in mind that the work to clean the license is being based on
3.10.2, and will become Squeak 4.0.  So, any other work that is targetting
3.10.2 as a base will have to be *rebased* on *top* of 4.0 to be accepted
in the 4.x stream of Squeak.

This is why we need to get Squeak 4.0 out quickly, so that further
revolutionary changes have a solid clean-licensed base.