[squeak-dev] Apology for offensive spam on annoncements list

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jan 26 09:45:02 UTC 2009

Rob Rothwell pravi:
> +1
>
> Any way to just block the current offender and not change to constant
> monitoring?  This is the first time I have seen something like this in
> years, so maybe it just isn't that big of a deal right now...

Problem is that the offender impersonated regularly subscribed guys in
his spam, so he didn't need even to subscribe to the list.

For this he needed to find the e-mails of our guys. I suspect that he
found their e-mails from list archives. Default Mailman list archives
namely contain e-mail addresses while archives like Nabble not.

One of solution is therefore to switch off Mailman archives and use
Nabble and similar only.

Janko

> Rob
>
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Joerg Beekmann <joerg at deepcovelabs.com
> <mailto:joerg at deepcovelabs.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Ken
>
>     Thank you for you efforts keeping the list running and no need to
>     apologize to us for the occasional spam that does get through.
>
>     Joerg

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.