[squeak-dev] Problems with FFI, SqueakDBX and MacOS

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jan 31 20:09:56 UTC 2009

http://smalltalkconsulting.com/html/squeakinfoplist.html

Set SqueakDebug to 1 and it will print lots of information about where
it's trying to find the indicated library.
You will need to start the VM from a terminal session command line to
see the log messages

When SqueakPluginsBuiltInOrLocalOnly is false we look in more places.

environment variables it uses are:

SQUEAK_PLUGIN_PATH
VM_LIBDIR
VM_X11DIR

We also hunt in the *.apps resources folder
standard Plugins directory
the current directory ./
the vm directory
and lastly frameworks in

	"/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks",
	"/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks",
	"/Carbon.framework/Frameworks",

When SqueakPluginsBuiltInOrLocalOnly  is true we only look in

--
=
=