[squeak-dev] Re: #leadingChar (Re: The future of Squeak & Pharo))

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Wed Jul 1 07:31:46 UTC 2009

On 07/01/2009 01:34 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>    But what about my question in regards to #at:put: and
> #replaceFrom:to?  Do you think it is feasible, if the tag is in the
> string as well?

I would just hope that the user knows what he's doing (I do think the
spec would be improved by having a PUSH/POP mechanism for language tags,
which would fix this problem in another way).  It's not different from
inserting a character after a decomposed accent.

The language tag would be just a detail in converting to Unicode for the
outside world, I would keep language information in styles internally so
that Text's handling would just work.

The last famous words.

Paolo