Usability and look-and-feel (was Re: [squeak-dev] The future of Squeak & Pharo (was Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Pharo MIT license clean))

Ryan Simmons ryan.craig.simmons at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 09:40:08 UTC 2009

I some ways I agree with Ramon, that Squeak should become more aimed
at developers.

I do however feel that education is very important I was especially
impressed by Dr. Geo II.
I feel that EToys, Dr. Geo etc  should become applications that can be
loaded in very much like Seaside can be loaded into a variety of
smalltalks.

I will probably not be too popular for saying the following, but I
fail to see how EToys helps to teach children the use of smalltalk,
(and hence why I am confused that so many feel that it should be part
of Squeak) if it is there to help teach programming concepts to
children then I would also have to say that Scratch seems to be a much
better tool for doing this.