[squeak-dev] Squeak vision

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Jul 2 00:13:58 UTC 2009

Ian Trudel wrote:
> Please, guys, whether you like my opinion or not, I am simply speaking
> honestly about my experience, frustrations and hopes with Squeak. I
> completely respect the different experience and opinion from people in
> the community. But you know what Juan? How about not telling off
> people when they openly talk about their experience? Then the
> community could open up with each other a little bit more. I've been
> silent for 8 years. You can endure a little bit of rant once every 8
> years, can you?
>
> Ian.

Your message wasn't exactly "a little bit of rant"... It was more like
the "I know nothing about this, but if you don't do it my way, you all
will go to hell" speech we hear here from time to time. We heard it many
times, always by people who never contributed at all.

I am not an Etoys user. I actually tried to convince others to remove
Etoys from Squeak and failed. Thus, Cuis was born. But I don't welcome
that kind of speech.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich