[squeak-dev] Squeak vision

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:25:53 UTC 2009

2009/7/1 Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org>:
> Your message wasn't exactly "a little bit of rant"... It was more like the
> "I know nothing about this, but if you don't do it my way, you all will go
> to hell" speech we hear here from time to time. We heard it many times,
> always by people who never contributed at all.

I actually thought that I would be the one to go to hell. =)

More seriously, it's not even about that. I know that you guys don't
care whether I am here or not. Doesn't mean that the community has no
interest to read about the perspective of others. And, you know, don't
blame me for not contributing. It's an extreme sport to do so but it's
being discussed by the Squeak Oversight Board and we will see what
happen then.

> I am not an Etoys user. I actually tried to convince others to remove Etoys
> from Squeak and failed. Thus, Cuis was born. But I don't welcome that kind
> of speech.

It doesn't mean that everything I wrote has no foundations. I thought
that you would have known better for someone who has created a fork.
All I am hoping from my messages is a little bit of consideration from
the community. Whether changes should be brought or not is clearly not
up to me. I'll live with decisions taken by the community. But,
clearly, you don't welcome my words and you did feel unwelcoming.

> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Best regards,
Ian