[squeak-dev] Re: A New Community Development Model

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Thu Jul 2 10:56:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 12:26:39 +0200, Norbert Hartl wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> as these are the times to deal with community and feelings your answer is
> a perfect sample what drives people like me away. I really don't like to
> be offensive so please don't take it too literally.

Okay, not taken. But what you wrote was against the active users of the
bug report system, and I do not like you treat them this way. They are
very valuable, have been very active in their spare time, reported and
fixed things.

In particular I don't like you saying "it looks like really nobody cares".
Many things have been done to+with bugs.squeak.org in recent time, so it
seems you are rather uninformed?

This cannot be unanswered, you know what I mean.

If you are not satisfied with the contents of Mantis, then why don't you
do something against it? You could come back in a year from now and could
tell "we've hunted them all down and closed all the unanswered cases", etc.

/Klaus

P.S. taking my message as a reason of your driving away would be a joke ;)