[squeak-dev] Re: A New Community Development Model

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 2 15:36:06 UTC 2009

Göran Krampe wrote:
> ...shouldn't we discuss this a bit first? I agree with Keith that some
> discussion would have been nice.

Please discuss. That's what we're here for. In all honesty, the reason
why I was pushing this is simply not to lose momentum. It just so
happened that the board meeting was yesterday and the only option was to
press for it now or wait two weeks. I wasn't going to wait another two
weeks with all the excitement going on.

And folks, just to remind everyone, you elected me specifically on the
grounds of (re)enabling contributions from the community. If you forgot,
please re-read here:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-February/134124.html

This is why I am on the board to begin with. In the board discussion
there were many good questions asked that were hard to fold into the
writeup, so if you have questions, concerns, proposals please do ask.

Cheers,
   - Andreas