[squeak-dev] http://source.squeak.org/trunk is now at 3.10.2

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jul 3 10:19:01 UTC 2009

On 7/3/09 4:31 AM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> * Execute the following doIt:
>    MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
>      'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'
>    )
>
> Sit back, fetch a cup of coffee, read the newspaper, relax ;-) A little
> while later the process should complete and you should be in the same
> state as the 3.10.2 release. In addition, your version has been updated
> so that the next time you can just go to the World menu, Help, and
> choose "update code from server" (or use the Squeak flap) and you will
> update automatically from source.squeak.org (thanks Edgar!).

Time now 7:03:22 am
MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
     'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'
   )
Time now 7:04:42 am

So I say BRAVO Andreas, seeing is believing.

Now I ask in public how I could have some of my crazy ideas I testing in
SqueakLightII for going to 3.11

List of the ideas.

Rip as many packages as we know at some point we could load again (this
exclude Traits as I don not have the slight idea of how load it again)
This moves 3.11 closer to MinimalMorphic and (I hope) to Cuis simplified
Morphic

Having a "class repository" which I have for long time as you know with all
classes we have into 3.7, 3.8,3.8, 3.10.

Improve the DNU I using now for the image just load what need from this
repositories

Having a modify Monticello for load any file a package need as picts,
sounds, morphs, etc ("ProcustesEnd" idea)

The last SqueakLightII was in
http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/SqueakLight/SqueakLightII.7228.zip

Some videos I posted in both list

http://www.morphle.com/~edgar/UsingSqueakSource.mov