[squeak-dev] http://source.squeak.org/trunk is now at 3.10.2

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jul 3 11:37:48 UTC 2009

On 03.07.2009, at 12:19, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 7/3/09 4:31 AM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> * Execute the following doIt:
>>   MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
>>     'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'
>>   )
>>
>> Sit back, fetch a cup of coffee, read the newspaper, relax ;-) A
>> little
>> while later the process should complete and you should be in the same
>> state as the 3.10.2 release. In addition, your version has been
>> updated
>> so that the next time you can just go to the World menu, Help, and
>> choose "update code from server" (or use the Squeak flap) and you
>> will
>> update automatically from source.squeak.org (thanks Edgar!).
>

> Time now 7:03:22 am
> MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
>     'http://source.squeak.org/trunk'
>   )
> Time now 7:04:42 am
>
> So I say BRAVO Andreas, seeing is believing.

Indeed - for me it just took 20 seconds (on a fast internet connection
and a 3 year old laptop).

Look into the package-cache on your disk to witness the magic that
makes Monticello fly :)

Just for fun I disabled the diff optimization and re-ran the upgrade.
It took *200* seconds!

The only package for which the server could not optimize was
"Multilingual-auto.30(edc.29).mcd". Wonder why.

- Bert -