[squeak-dev] Re: Forks, forks, forks

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 19:22:22 UTC 2009

Hi Klaus,

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:16:49 +0200, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>
>  ... so the MilliSqueak work will be in te background.  But once I've
>> got the STack VM ready I'll at least take some time to commit the code.
>>

> Eliot you may perhaps want to look at
>
> -
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Pavel+Krivanek+Squeak+KernelImage+MinimalMorphic
>
> Two .images, one with command line and one morphic, and lots of scripts for
> producing them.
>
> Andrew Tween and I, independent of each other, attempted to load FreeType
> into MinimalMorphic, and got it going after Andy tweaked it :) and there are
> other packages that just load (MC, Seaside, !EToys!, ...).

This looks great.  I'll download and play.  It looks like Pavel has done all
the image generation work I need and i can concentrate directly on image
format.  Brilliant!

Do you know if Pavel is still active?  I don't see any posts newer than Jul
07.  Do you have an email address for him?

Hi Pavel,  if you're out there could you say Hi?

best
Eliot