[squeak-dev] Re: http://source.squeak.org/trunk is now at 3.10.2

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 23:30:08 UTC 2009

2009/7/3 Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com>:
> No password is required, all repositories are world-readable.  That
> said, if you have one then just specify it when you create the
> repository entry in MC and forget about it.  It either will work or not,
> it won't actually be used when reading from any repository.

There have been few suggestions in regard to have a rating system,
which should help to reward good contributors and punish the bad ones.
Then those who would want to benefit from anything more than anonymous
contribution would have to register and login.

The most important right now is to keep the momentum, as you said, and
make things simple. This was just some food for thought. I don't think
that we should enforce login whatsoever but it doesn't mean that we
shouldn't support it at all. You know, something in the spirit of
Wikipedia... maybe.

Regards,
Ian

--