[squeak-dev] Maintaining Etoys in Squeak

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Jul 4 02:52:33 UTC 2009

On 3-Jul-09, at 3:48 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 03.07.2009, at 01:44, Colin Putney wrote:
>
>> On 2-Jul-09, at 2:49 PM, Ramon Leon wrote:
>>
>>> Exactly the point, Etoys already forked.  Stop holding onto an old
>>> rotting version in Squeak that isn't used, take it out, it doesn't
>>> belong there. People who want eToys have their fork where it is
>>> maintained.
>>
>> I think this is one of the key issues in the wider Squeak community
>> right now, made all the more difficult because the Etoys team has
>> been completely silent on the issue.
>
> Err, counting the number of mails I sent on the subject just in the
> last few days can hardly be called "completely silent," can it?

Heh, I stand corrected. :-) Actually, the posts you and other
Squeakland folks have made in the last few days have really clarified
things for me, thanks.

What I take a way is that the Squeakland fork was a project-management
decision required by the OLPC effort, and that the obstacles to
reintegration are technical, not political. Excellent news.

Colin