[squeak-dev] Re: [Release] The role of Bob, Installer & Co.

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Jul 6 13:39:38 UTC 2009

On 7/6/09 9:23 AM, "Keith Hodges" <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Edgar made SqueakLightII over a year ago (?) and we havent even been
> able to harvest that work into a useful form yet.

I should take the same road wiser Squeaker take before.
I also feels "kicked in the ass without any good reasons" where I was the
facto fired from Release Team.
Now I wish going into main stream (if I could agree on something like going
smaller an modular and have ProcustesEnd for code + picts + sound + morph +
etc into packages)
That means a new PackageInfo and a modified Monticello.

When Ralph pick me I said he could be good have a "Monticello summit" and
anyway we should use .cs
We end 3.10 with .cs and many who said was wise decision don't raise his
voice now.

Maybe you could modify Bob for writing in the updates folder ?
First "fake .cs" as we have in 3.10 should be some similar to

7068AdvanceToThreeDotTenAlpha.cs

Then  some similar

7069ConvertTo3dot10.cs

And then you could go as wild you wish and Mighty Board bless, use .mcz, .cs
, DS, MC2 , sar , .pr, .morph , .sqz (I hope no miss some kind of code
extension which could be feeded into Squeak)

All could hit our squeak updates button and see how our number rise, our
..image go where no Squeaker go before...

At this point some Java - Windoze comes and tell you he knows more but his
time is too precious too bother change the color of screen he don't like.

Edgar