[squeak-dev] Compromise

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 03:57:44 UTC 2009

David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 03:14:06AM +0100, Keith Hodges wrote:
>
>> 1.
>>
>> I propose that Ken organise the Mantis crew (you know who you are) to
>> pick the top 100/200 or 300 bugs, and to test them in latest
>> "3.10.2-build" available from
>>
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/Squeak3.10.2-build/090628-1523/
>>
>> Mark those tests you are most confident in as "Resolved" - "fixed in
>> 3.11", that is all you need to do to harvest a fix.
>>
>> 2.
>>
>> Andreas to review and edit the image re-organisation tasks as defined in...
>>
>> Installer install: 'Packages'.
>> Installer ss project: 'Bob'; install: 'Tasks-Squeak310'.
>>
>> Squeak310PlusOne-#taskReorganizeCategories.
>> Squeak310PlusOne-#taskReorganizePackages.
>>

> Keith, I quite literally just ran out of disk space on my laptop PC
> while trying to download the 13MB image that is apparently required to
> bootstrap the task list. No kidding. I trust that the actual list of
> incomplete tasks requires something less that 13MB to describe; if so
> a brief summary would be helpful.
>
> Dave

The 3.10.2-build 13Mb image, is 3.10.2 with the latest tools MC etc and
a few fixes. Sake/Tasks/Packages are all easily unloaded later on.

I suggest that you point your MC Browser at the Bob repository and have
a look around. The tasks are present, but need updating to reflect the
latest Sake/Package API

Keith