[squeak-dev] neural net in Squeak?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jul 8 20:32:38 UTC 2009

Hello JOHN,

WJV> that, even in Squeak, I am better at hacking and repurposing other
JV> people's code than at creating something entirely new. So, I am
JV> writing to learn if anyone has implemented any neural net models in
JV> Squeak and, if so, would those people be willing to share any such
JV> implementation.

right now I'm too lazy to search but there is a fann library binding
for Squeak and Luciano Notarfrancesco has implemented neural nets in
Squeak and I myself dabbled in neural nets.

What I use (commercially) is only a SOFM and I did my implementations
using FloatArrays for speed. This is not good for "repurposing" as
it's not general and implementation is obscured to accommodate
FloatArray.

I can share parts of my implementation, the other ones could be found
on the net.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net