[squeak-dev] neural net in Squeak?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jul 8 21:50:00 UTC 2009

Hello JOHN,

JV> Trying FANN again, I realize the problem wasn't documentation but the
JV> fact that I couldn't figure out how to get it loaded and running in
JV> Squeak. That problem persists. The download includes a .mcz file,
JV> which I believe is a kind of package file introduced after my time in
JV> the Squeak community. Any advice?

open the mcz with a file list or drag it on the squeak window or from
the world menu open the Momticello browser.

Mcz is a zipped file (which you can unzip and find sources). It's
generated by Monticello, which is Squeak's versioning system like CVS
or subversion are for other systems.

Monticello allows to load, merge, view changes or browse code.

Dunno if the FANN bindings work on Mac.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net