[squeak-dev] Re: [Release] Philosophical Discussion - The updates button is useless - discuss

edgar De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 9 10:04:48 UTC 2009

--- El jue 9-jul-09, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> escribió:

>>Our target audience is not the end users, or even the individual
>>programmer, it is the builder of interesting customised images, so they
>>would be capable of using a less than single click solution.

>>If this is the case then the builder of the customised image will have
>>detailed knowledge of how he configured the image he published, and the
>>update stream might be useful to him for passing on emergency fixes to
>>his own users.

>>Keith

I think we need more people doing Squeak , not less people.
Maybe it's me , but frankly i don't understand why we waste time and do not have nothing useful for another person who not was Keith.

I can't wish start again Formula One tales, but now Squeak bacomes like this days Formula One.

Because wrong polythics and unclear rules most powerfuls teams like Ferrari, BMW, McLaren ,  Toyota was behind newcomers less powerful teams.

So SOB take actions now.

I continue working in the SqueakLightII and MinimalMorphic images.
This days i learning a lot from EToys 4.0 and Cuis.
Also from John on Ipod related stuff.

Claim having the most advanced Squeak and have videos to prove it.
Do not claim is suited to all, free of bugs or being good Smalltalk.
Tryng to synch with any Andreas decide.

Meet me on irc or in Skype as edgardec.

Edgar