[squeak-dev] Re: A New Community Development Model

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Thu Jul 9 18:04:50 UTC 2009

Am 09.07.2009 um 19:49 schrieb Andreas Raab:
> Bernhard Pieber wrote:
>> I have a question though. If I press the Update button do I get all
>> the newest versions of the packages automatically? Or only those
>> for which an mcm-file was issued.
> You get all the packages automatically. The MCMs only describe
> intermediate stages where inter-package dependencies require a
> specific load order.
Hmm, then I don't understand why I the MCFileRepositoryInspecter shows
packages in bold on the trunk repository after I have pressed the
"load code updates" button in the Squeak flap. I thought those were
packages which are not loaded in the image yet? The following package
versions are in the trunk repository but not in my image:
Morphic-CandidatesForGo-auto.1.mcz
Installer-auto.1.mcz
SystemChangeNotification-auto.1.mcz
BabySRE-auto.1.mcz

The three update.mcm files are bold as well.

Thanks for your support.
Bernhard