[squeak-dev] [Chronology] removing line feeds, fix underscores

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 11 23:00:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:23:58PM +0100, Keith Hodges wrote:
> David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> > All I did was remove some <lf> characters from the method sources. This
> > hardly constitutes evidence of "things moving forward" ;)
> >
> A task that scans the whole image and performs this tidy up would be cool

Sure, and thanks to Ned Konz we have:
  SystemDictionary class>>removeAllLineFeeds

And thanks to Bert Freudenberg we have:
  FixUnderscores class>>fixPackage:

In the case of line feed removal, the tricky thing was to convince
Monticello to see the methods as "changed" to make the fix stay fixed.
I did this manually with a vi editor (sorry, it's crude but it worked).
The class comments were worse. I resorted to saving the updates with
an extra (bogus) class variable to make it look like the classes had
changed, followed by another update to get rid of the bogus class
variables. Nothing elegant about it, but hopefully the fixes will stick
now that they are saved in an archive.

Dave