[squeak-dev] Locating versions of a package

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun Jul 12 19:08:09 UTC 2009

Am 12.07.2009 um 20:36 schrieb Ken G. Brown:
> At 5:22 PM +0200 7/12/09, Bernhard Pieber apparently wrote:
>> Hi Hernán,
>>
>> I just found an old mail from you - see below.
>>
>> Now I wonder how you compiled that list? It looks like a script. If
>> yes, could you share it perhaps?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bernhard
>>
>> Am 07.02.2009 um 10:21 schrieb Hernán Morales Durand:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> This could be useful for anybody out there trying to merge
>>> Monticello, or simply having problems with it. I've detected 17
>>> monticello forks in several repositories around the world with
>>> latest versions dated from 2005. I assume that is not feasible to
>>> ask every developer who did a fork for his reasons, or reverse
>>> engineer every fork, so I've included a minimal list of basic
>>> functionality relevant for me and completed a few (see below).
>>> Feel free to add notes to any fork, or your results in your
>>> particular environment, or anything not listed like additional
>>> utilities or versions.
>>> My preferred version is Monticello-pmm.318 from '<http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/sm
>>> extension.
>>>
>>> Monticello versions by release:
>>> ======================
>>> Squeak 3.4 : NA (but there is a backport : <http://www.arsol.net/squeak1/loadMonticelloOnSqueak34.1.cs.gz
>>> Squeak 3.5 : NA
>>> Squeak 3.6 : NA
>>> Squeak 3.7-5989 (Full) : Monticello-avi.183
> <snip>
>
> Did you catch the next message in the old thread copied here far
> below?
Yes, I did. However, I think you misunderstood me. My question was not
about Monticello per se. My question was:
Given a package, e.g. Monticello in this example or SqueakSource or
KernelTests, how can I get a list of all versions including all
repositories they are in?

Or are you saying Monticello 1.6 has this functionality?

Cheers,
Bernhard