[squeak-dev] Re: Cross fork development model

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Wed Jul 15 00:31:48 UTC 2009

>> Actually, the changes are much less dramatic than what one might
>> think. After looking at it, it appears that most of the changes are
>> either the result of converting from underscore to colon-equals
>> (trivial to fix) or from integrating the closure changes. The latter
>> is something I am currently working on (if you updated from trunk you
>> may have noticed that I've added a necessary PackagInfo version that
>> supports preambles/postscripts) and as of yesterday, I was able to
>> load the entire closure bootstrap using Monticello (and then it dies
>> when trying to recompile everything ;-)
>>
> Looks like you have forked PackageInfo now...   this is going to descend
> into chaos.... nothing is being thought through.
>
> Having one pre-madonna developer doing stuff without thinking and
> without planning is the anti-theseis of the process we need
>
> Keith

And you wonder why no one seems to listen to you...

Collaboration doesn't mean everyone does it your way or they're just
wrong, nor does it involve name calling.  Andreas hit the nail on the
head earlier, you have to convince other people your ideas are good, and
get them on board with you.  Name calling is not the way to go about it.

It doesn't matter which process is better, it matters which process gets
the most support from the community and which one people are able to
understand.  If you can't tone down the bitterness in your posts, you're
never going to gather enough support to get your ideas accepted.
Thinking you're right is just not enough.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com