[squeak-dev] Board mandate [was: Keith Hodges]

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 04:37:26 UTC 2009

David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 03:50:53AM +0100, Keith Hodges wrote:
>
>> It's not a private club, however if you want to make a release team of
>> your own, do put your proposal to the board, like everyone else has to.
>> (except Andreas of course, who has imo abused his position on the board)
>>

> Let me make one point perfectly clear: I as a voter cast my ballot for
> Andreas specifically because of his published, publicly announced, intention
> to address these problems. As a reminder, the announcement is here:
>
>   http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-February/134124.html
>
> It is not an accident that Andreas was the number 1 vote getter in the election.
> I am happy to see Andreas taking concrete action to implement his campaign
> promises, and I am happy that the board is taking meaningful action to support
> the effort to move Squeak forward.
>
> So as a voter, the board has my full support, Andreas has my full support,
> and any talk of "abuse of position on the board" is complete nonsense.
>
> Dave
Ok so whats the point of having a release team then, or any form of
protocol, we have just devolved the whole thing into a meaningless mess....

Dear team leaders,

every year someone new will be elected and they on a whim can do
anything they like in the domain that we asked you and trusted you to
work on. So you have been warned, your efforts working in this team are
but one election away from being discarded.

yours electedly the bored.

Keith