[squeak-dev] Re: Cross fork development model

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 12:14:04 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Keith Hodges wrote:
>> Looks like you have forked PackageInfo now...
>
> For factual reference, I used the version that was in Croquet because
> it has seen years of use and I trust it. It itself is based on
> PackageInfo-avi.20 which is straight from the horse's mouth as far as
> I am concerned.
>
> If you have a better version, how about contributing it to the trunk?
Absolutely not.

MC is maintained as an external package, once for all, the repository is
open. It is not maintained in trunk, nor should it be.

If you want to load LPF and base trunk on 3.10.2-build as a starting
point then that would be a good idea, but MC should remain as an
externally maintained entity.

Keith